We are humbled by this recognition! Ballandean Estate took out first place for Excellence in Wineries/Breweries at the Stanthorpe and Granite Belt Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards on Saturday night.
It’s the second time we’ve won this prestigious award, with the first time being in 2016. Angelo and Mary stepped on stage to receive this award on behalf of the Puglisi family.
Why did they choose Ballandean Estate?
Good question! We’d like to think it’s because we are the friendliest cellar door on the Granite Belt.
- We endeavour to make sure every visitor has an unforgettable Ballandean Estate experience.
- Five generations of Puglisi wine pioneers gather our storytellers, open our cellars, and unlock our fine wine collection.
- Our family members have won the Samuel Bassett award for a major contribution by an individual to the Queensland wine industry three times. Read all about it here.
- Robyn is an international export ambassador for the Granite Belt. She developed our export trade from zero to 20% of business turnover in just five years, and has opened up export trade to China, where there is significant demand for Ballandean’s premium reds. Read all about it here.
- Our women in wine are trailblazers! Wine pioneers, board members, vinyard managers, tourism movers and shakers. Check out our lady pedigree here.
- Angelo Puglisi is The Father of Queensland Wine! It’s for that reason author Tom McSweeny has told Mr Puglisi’s tale in the biography The Father of the Queensland Wine Industry – Angelo Puglisi. Read all about it here.
Building a better business community
The purpose of the Excellence in Business Awards is to:
- Recognise outstanding qualities and achievements.
- Strengthen the Better Business Community culture.
- Highlight the Granite Belt as a regional hub for business operators.
- Provide knowledge, education and network opportunities for Granite Belt business owners.
Become a Friend of Ballandean
Sign up for discounts, vintage pre-releases, great deals & special events
Thanks for joining us! We can't wait to take you on a wine adventure! ** Start NOW by using the discount code BallandeanVIP to immediately receive 10% discount on our great range of wines **
Something went wrong. Just call us on (07) 4684 1226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can sign you up to be a Friend of Ballandean 🙂