Semillon 60%, Sauvignon Blanc 40%. Fruit from Ballandean Estate and the Hunter Valley.
- Colour—Pale straw, medium density
- Nose—Tropical aromas, grass and stone fruit
- Palate— Typical cool climate flavour profile, with minerality, an acidic spine, stone fruits, passoinfruit and guava with a citrus finish
- Cellaring potential—Drink now
- Winemaker—Dylan Rhymer
- Viticulturist—Angelo Puglisi
Drink with …
Our Semillon Sauvignon Blanc marries well with fresh Queensland seafood—Moreton Bay Bugs, Hervey Bay Scallops or a sand crab lasagne Bianco. This versatile blend can be paired with both hard and soft cheeses, mild curries, salads, fish and chicken dishes.
The Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon fruit was harvested in individual blocks at varying ripeness to maximise the different flavour balances of citrus and stone fruits. After being individually fermented, trial blends were created to ensure the best match of flavours before the blend is created in the winery.
We sourced 40% of the Semillon fruit for the 2022 vintage from the Hunter Valley. Our Semillon vines were planted in 1973, and our Sauvignon Blanc vines in 1985. Both varietals are well-suited to the climatic conditions of the Granite Belt. Our warm days and cold nights produce intensely-flavoured fruit.