Family-owned and estate-grown, Ballandean Estate wines are a celebration of the Granite Belt’s unique terroir, high altitude and cool climate. Every bottle tells its own unique story of people, place and passion.
Ballandean Estate is a multi-awarded 4-star winery and we offer an excellent range of mainstream and alternative wines. In 2018 we celebrated 50 years of Shiraz plantings in our high altitude vineyard and our 30th vintage of Semillon Sauvignon Blanc. Above all, we would love to share our world class wines with you!
Since 1932, the Puglisi family has been cultivating grapes and crafting fine wine on the Granite Belt — we live and breathe wine.
We grow the best fruit we can in our high altitude vineyards and then nurture the vintage in the winery. Our ultimate goal is to create harmonious, expressive wines that reflect the terroir of our lovingly-tended vineyards, retaining the cool climate aromatics, varietal flavours and fine natural acidity while giving the wines minerality and longevity.
- Four generations of tradition and innovation mix to produce regionally expressive wines of world-class quality.
- Our 100% estate-grown boutique wines are sustainably farmed on granite terroir.
- Enjoy Ballandean Estate wines young or cellar for further development and complexity.
Ballandean Estate Wines
- 2019 OPERA BLOCK SHIRAZ Single vineyard premium fruit, French oak, full-bodied, elegantly balanced dry palate with blackcurrants, white pepper and cassis bouquet
- 2016 OPERA BLOCK CABERNET SAUVIGNON Single vineyard, aged Cabernet vines, a savoury full-bodied wine—fine tannins, red berries, leafy bouquet, French oak
- 2017 MALBEC Single vineyard varietal, herbaceous and cherry bouquet, leading to a ripe palate of blackcurrant, tar and a touch of mint.
- 2017 SINATLIS (SAPERAVI/DURIF) We have taken our 2017 Saperavi and increased its weight with an 8% addition of Durif . Full body, savoury blue fruit, intense bouquet, dry palate, French oak
- 2017 NEBBIOLO Single vineyard medium-bodied dry red with an earthy bouquet, savoury cherry overtones and balanced French oak
- 2017 OPERA BLOCK CHARDONNAY Single vineyard, aged vines, intense luscious fruit. Elegant and creamy French oak integration with a fruity dry palate and buttery finish
- 2020 SEMILLON SAUVIGNON BLANC Zesty, dry, fruit-driven unwooded blend (70/30), hints of peach, grass and passionfruit, medium body and acidic spine
- 2017 OPERA BLOCK CHARDONNAY Single vineyard, aged vines, intense luscious fruit. Elegant and creamy French oak integration w a fruity dry palate and buttery finish
- NV RANGE RESERVE SPARKLING Easy-drinking medium dry, chardonnay-based, light body, fine bead and a fruit-driven palate
- 2019 MERLOT Medium body, oaked, fruit-driven palate with a smooth, dry lingering finish. Single vineyard origin, aged vines
- 2018 ‘MESSING ABOUT’ SHIRAZ VIOGNIER Aromatic bouquet, spice and pepper integrated with French oak, medium body, fruit-driven berry palate with berries
Your wine discovery starts here
When you purchase your first 12 bottles of wine, you automatically become a Friends of Ballandean member and you start saving straight away on your next purchase. You will receive life-long discounts, save money and enjoy exclusive invites to members’ events. You can also join our wine club any time you like no purchase required via email registration. Find out more on Friends of Ballandean.